Tuesday, September 8, 2009

MEMORY: For the littlest brother

I am leaving for California tomorrow for two weeks! My youngest brother, Andrew, is beginning college down there, and I already know I'm going to miss him terribly. He is the baby of the Dinh siblings, and the thought of him starting college brings on some bittersweet thoughts. How did he grow up so fast? More importantly, how did I get old so fast? And yet, I am so happy for the many opportunities and new adventures that will be in store for him. He is a wonderful brother, and he deserves so much. Such is the opinion of a biased sister. I know I speak for our other sibling, Vinnie, on this point as well. One thing that I had heard from others who have moved to California, is that my brother will probably not want to move back to Seattle. In case this does happen, I compiled some reasons to entice Andrew back to the Emerald City.

1. BBQs at Golden Gardens


2. Adventures with Vinnie!


3. To make sure Mom's plants do not take over your room.


4. Going to the Fremont Solstice Festival with Dad


5. Checking out cherry blossoms at the UW. Bet your new school won't have these...


6. Just one last shot of a sunset in Seattle

Good luck Andrew! Vinnie and I are so proud of you and love you so, so much.
Love,
J & V



1 comment:

Tams said...

Awww so sweet!!! Good luck Andrew!